Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Myanmar - Tachileik. The Small Shopping Heaven.

Today I have visited the Myanmar country for the second time. My plan visiting there was to purchase quality DVDs. My target was Micheal Jackson DVDs. This time around I have make my planning very well.

This time I be going to Myanmar - Tachileik just by paying 10.00 USD only. Previously I was being charged about 100 Baht at Thailand Immigration for holding my passport at the border and 10.00 USD at Myanmar Immigration but this time I'm bringing my passport to cross over. I told the Immigration officer that I'm might be staying over there (Myanmar), so they won't keep my passport over there and they are not going to charge 100 Baht from me.

Frankly I like to do some shopping over there as their goods look more beautiful and better. They seems to have the latest and updated product compare to their neighbour Thailand. As usual I bringing my passport over there and I'm preparing my 10.00 USD to pay it to them. It is usual that you have to pay some entrance fees at the border. Either you pay 500 Baht or 10 USD.

To my surprised, they took my passport and change it to their new Entry Permit. Quite new for me because I have never experienced it before. They took my photo and print it on the Entry Permit. When I want to go back to Thailand, I have to return the Entry Permit to exchange my passport back.

But during my entrance back to Thailand, the Immigration officer just gave me only 15 days duration of stay at Thailand. Usually when you arrive at the airport, the Thailand Immigration will gave you at least 30 days duration of stay. After I have done with my shopping, I went to the center of the town but there is nothing for me to look at. All I can see at their round-bout was a word " CITY OF THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE ".

.

No comments: