Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Travelling To Myanmar.

On the 9th January 2009, I have a chance to travel to neighbour country, Myanmar. It was my first time going there.

Across the border there was a town called Tachileik. Just by walking only you can reach the neighbour country.

The Immigration check point at Maesai before crossing over to Tachileik.

Small check point. Not very big. It is just that they separated the lane into three section. First lane for the Thai's, second lane for the Burmese and the third for the foreigner. When I check in, the Immigration officer told me that I have only 15 days to visit Myanmar and must return to Thailand. When I told them I was just visiting for 1 day, the Thailand Immigration officer told me to pay 100 Bath and issue me a special VIP pass and hold my passport at the their check point. They will only return it once I have finish visiting the Myanmar country.


Pay 100 Bath to them ? Why they keep my passport and issue me a VIP pass ? At least in future I should just keep quiet and walk through to Burma and then I can save my 100 Bath. Because of one day trip, I been charged by the Thailand Immigration officer. Ok, continue with my journey. Just by walking across the bridge after the Immigration check point we will be reaching the Myanmar country.


When I went towards to Burma, both country were separated by this Maesai river. On my right is the Myanmar country and on my left is Thailand country.

The view was at the back of Thailand Immigration check point. On the bridge we can notice that there were two different flags. One is Myanmar flags and another one is Thailand flags.

Reaching the signboard or the entrance to Union Of Myanmar.

Myanmar Immigration check point.

Before on my way in to the check point at Tachileik, I was inform I have to a pay a fees in order to enter to the country. Either I pay 500 Bath or USD 10.00. I choose to pay USD 10.00 because if you exchange the rate it only cost you about 360 Bath.

No comments: