Sunday, April 26, 2009

Collecting Holy Waters in Chiang Saen, Chiang Rai.

After finishing visiting the other temple yesterday, I went ahead to another temple. This time around is a different places. I went there to ask for a blessing and collect some holy water.

The place is a bit outskirt. I don't think many people know where is the place.

It is not for tourist. It is just for the locals only. One thing for sure the process of collecting the hold water is interesting.

As we can see the process using an old method. But we cannot just collect the water and put it inside the bottle. I have to pour it into the bamboo and then the water will flow its way to the bottle.

The place that I'm collecting the water is about 5 km to 7 km from the first temple that I have visited.

At least I have to take several times to fill up the bottle. The water seems to be clean because it was an underground waters.

Quite fascinating because I have never try this one for a long time already. I think I did try this one when I was small in other places but I forget already.

You can see after I have collected the water, I need to pour it onto the bamboo to let it flow to the bottle below.

Quite a nice experience. The place was called Doi Luang. I was been told that last time some this water was being carried all the way to Bangkok to give the Thailand King's a bath during his 60th Birthday. This water can be drink and bath and even can use for cooking also. HOLY WATER mahhhhhhhh

No comments: